Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scarred


My daughter Anna was running at a camp retreat I do for the 8th-12th grade students in our school and she ran into a door.  We went to the ER and she got two cuts on her face glued shut.  During the 15 minute ride to and from the ER my mind was all over the place with, "I hope she doesn't scar." to "This was bad timing."  On the way back she said something to Audra and I that we will never forget.  She said, "I hope people don't laugh at me."  That killed me thinking my little girl is worried about what people think.  The more I thought about her little quote, I was sent back to the thought of value.  What makes Anna, me or you valuable?  The world and church sometimes says your value is in how you dress or look or even how you act.  We wear the best clothes to church hoping to do what??  We dress and primp to go to the mall, to do what??  I heard someone advertise for liposuction on the radio today and she said that she gained confidence when she was liposuctioned.   My challenge to us is to really evaluate what brings value to the essence of you.  It's not your looks or money or your education it is the God loves you no matter what.  When you are at your worst He loves you and at your best He loves you.   Zephaniah 3:17 tells us 'He joys over us with singing".  May you find peace, comfort and contentment in God and not your looks, the stock market or a presidential candidate.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Poor Anna - I hope she is feeling better!