Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life Change

How quickly life can change.  For many they get up one morning getting ready for a perfectly normal day and a phone call or a visit can change the whole dynamic of the day..... for the better or for the worse.  Over the last several weeks my mind has been challenged, hurt and heavy for a friend.  Mark Rife and I were inseparable in college, he was in my wedding and our paths separated when he moved to Hawaii.  I have spoken with him only a few times since moving there.  On August 25 Mark's wife of 3 1/2 years passed away in her sleep.  I did not know her or ever meet her.  As information about her has been flooded my way over the last several weeks, I have been enamored by her love for God and Mark.  As we daily engage in and with those around us take the opportunity to breath life in, make the tears we cry soften our hearts, and may we laugh like its our last.  Enjoy life and give the moments to God ,  hug our children, spouses, family and friends a little tighter.   Mark....... may God fill your soul with His grace.

No comments: