Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Perfect Marriage

No............ I am not talking about my marriage, but I have wondered what the perfect marriage to God would look like. What ingredients are necessary for a marriage that honors God and is a true reflection of Christ. Is it money, great sex, good looks, communication, understanding roles, or the husband fearlessly leading His family to Christ in word and deed??? First let me tell you, that I have not arrived at my destination in the journey, I am still traveling -stopping at different depots (not Home Depot) to rest and reflect on what I have learned from Scripture and others. One thing is true, many times we approach this topic with our minds made up by the way we have been taught on TV, in church and at home as children. Let's together, take an unadulterated look at the subject. I have just finished teaching Ephesians chapter 5 to my Sunday School class and I have grown. I have learned that the same important ingredient is necessary in salvation as well. In this ego-driven, 'my way as the man' mentality, this word breaks through like a ray of light. The word is HUMILITY. Lovingly submitting to each other is the key,(Eph. 5:21) esteeming each other as Philippians 2:3 tells us. My challenge to you is to think more, dig deeper, and see the marriage that God has for you or will have for you. May this spark your journey to bring the picture of 'oneness' which is so needed in this dark world.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

thanks for updating!! this is a great post - much to think about.

M.J. said...

This was a great SS Class. I actually was able to attend this one, and I am glad that I did. It was a blessing to Scott and I.