Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summer to Remember

School is quickly approaching as the summer fades into the background. This summer was truly memorable for me and my family. My sister came to visit in June to watch Brayden while the rest of us traveled to Colorado to visit our good friends Dale and Jonylan Fincher. Our time in Colorado was amazing to say the least, we four wheeled, fished, went to a parade, relaxed, but the most fun was spending time talking with Dale and Jonylan and getting a burden for their Soulation retreat vision. In Colorado, I came to terms (or owned it) with my thinning hair and as I sat like a 4 year old getting his first barber shop haircut my friends and family watched as a lady took a number 3 guide to my head and left most of my hair on the floor. My sister was a true blessing to have the flexibility to come to NH and spend 9 days with her 2 year old nephew. All in all, she came out unscathed. Good sisters are hard to find. We also were able to stay 5 nights in Newport, RI for FREE. A beautiful pool, great beds, breathtaking beach and amazing food left us wanting more. (Ironically, the kids took turns going the fitness center with me and loved that as much as the rest.) Many trips to Boo Boo Lake in between helped the summer hum along between trips. We truly enjoyed the times together and took many pictures to look at when we are old.

No comments: