Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chapman Family

My thoughts have been heavy as I contemplate the depth of pain they must be going through.  With their recent public appearances my thoughts drift to that dreaded Wednesday.  The person I can most empathize with is Steven, a father/husband.  Reeling from the death of a child and sifting through the pieces of a shattered mind from the other child.  His strength and humility challenge me.  A song he wrote entitled 'Bring it On' conveys a message of "God whatever you do to drive me closer to You ..... bring it on", much easier said than done.  Seeing him still keeping his focus on the One who gives and takes away, presses on my heart to pray  and yearn for more devotion to Christ.  

Steven and Family on Larry King Live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8T3dL8KYo

1 comment:

ericmfrey said...

I love it brother. just want to encourage you to keep writing! it's a blessing to get to see into another Christian man's heart.